Wednesday 22 February 2017

Some Interview Question

What was your bigger achievement?
"I have several notable accomplishments in my career. Probably the most notable accomplishment was the delivery of the most recent version update to one of our core products for customer payments. This was a 12-month project and I was one of 8 team members. What made it notable for me was that my role expanded from being one of the tech team members to taking the lead on building the mobile components of the product. In order to deliver this aspect of the product, I pulled in three new project resources with specific skills in each of the mobile technology platforms we targeted and cross-trained all project resources to support each platform. In the end, we delivered the product on time and have received numerous accolades, both internal and external. The mobile component was specifically identified to be world class and distinguished the product at its release. Our CEO spent time showing the mobile components to the press and industry and it has since met with excellent reviews. Would you like to see the Android version of the product?"

"I have several notable accomplishments in both my education and my work experience. Probably the most notable accomplishment was delivery of the mobile apps project during my internship this past summer. I joined the tech development team at a time when they were in the process of losing a team member due to relocation. That team member was the lead for the iOS version of the mobile app under development. Since I had already developed two iOS apps and no one else on the team had worked with iOS, I was asked to take the lead for the iOS development and deployment, effectively half of the project. This was outside the original scope of my internship, but definitely mission critical. I was able to deliver the app on time before completion of my internship and have deployed it to the iTunes store. It has already received over 100 positive reviews from customers. Would you like to see it?"

Why do you want to work here?
I have read some review from indeed website on working with WestPac,  and truly while there are few negative reviews,  the positive reviews are quite many to mention.  Another thing is that I have worked with a bank before,  and since the role is related and more or less the process are not that different.    


Where do you see yourself in 2 years time?
“My goal right now is to find a position at a company where I can grow and take on new challenges over time. Ultimately, I’d like to assume more management responsibilities and get involved in product strategy. But most importantly, I want to work for an organization where I can build a career.”

My goal right now is to find a position in a company that I can grow and I can utilize my skills,  Id like to assume more management resposibilites and get involved in the business process improvement specially in the IT area

Why do you think you will be good in this role?
I have more than 10 years computing experience, from system analysis, scoping, development and customer support.  I have worked for standard chartered bank singapore for 3 years doing compliance projects like gifts and entertainment request,  business process improvement and monitoring.
So having a background in banking domain gives me a leverage to know your business process in a short time.

Give us example of a situation in which you were able to anticipate an existing customer's need and propose a compelling solution. What was the outcome of your suggestion? 


How would you manage conflicting priorities?
In my previous project with SCB,  we have 3 division Consumer banking, wholesale banking and group functions each of them got different requirements and different priorities.  So what I did
was to check what's the most important requirement and common to all 3 divisions.  I have also
scope each task and present this to the business, like task 1 will take 2 days, task 2 5 days.  I'll let the business decides which one to prioritize.   If this doesn't work then i asked guidance from my line manager.

Describe a time when you performed a task outside of your job description to help your team members to achieve their goal?
These happens really a long time ago, where in I was part of the y2k conversion,  so these are cobol programs that we need to check for y2k exposure.  So we need to create a report how many lines were affected by these exposure.  but our tools that count those line were not working so I decided to create some script that will parse those text file and count those exposures

VB6 text field

Java copy and paste


Describe a time when you had a conflict within a team and how you resolved it?
asdf

Why do you want to work at WestPac?
asdf

Give me a time where you had to compromise in a team?
asdf




How would your manager describe you?
My coworkers and friends would describe me as hard worker, determined, good planner,
professional, flexible, tolerant and a quick learner.

What experience and skills do you have relevant to the role?
asdf

Why should we hire you?
asdf

How would you approach and solve the (problem)?
asdf

What do I like best about my current role?
asdf

Tell me about yourself?


How do you deal with conflicts?
asdf

Why apply for this role?
asdf

Describe a time where you experienced a challenge and how did you overcome it?  
asdf

Usual top 5 strengths and weaknesses?
asdf

What is the name of our CEO?
asdf

Latest News involving westpac?
asdf

Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Recent Posts

Pages

Powered by Blogger.

About Me

My photo
For the past 10 years, I've been playing with codes using PHP, Java, Rails. I do this for a living and love new things to learn and the challenges that comes with it. Besides programming I love spending time with friends and family and can often be found together catching the latest movie or planning a trip to someplace I've never been before.